July 18, 2020
A small screw ascended Mt. Lemmon to install the Lemmon 650 machine, consisting of the following:
- Henry (N7HND / WQII718)
- Jack (KB7ZZY / WRHZ520)
- Anthony (K7ILH)
Tucson GMRS Assoc.
- David (K6DSA / WQVS960)
- Darren (K7VLL / WRCU527)
- Justin (WRHZ624)
The following tasks were completed:
- The Lemmon 650 repeater, duplexer cavities, linking equipment, and uninterruptible power supply was mounted and tested. Power output and line losses were verified and internet connectivity was confirmed.
- A temporary antenna, LMR400 feed-line and polyphaser was installed and weatherproofed.
- Additional ground rods were driven around the site.
- Grounding conductors, trenching and back-fill were approximately 75% completed, tying together the tower structure, cable trays, and two equipment buildings.
- USFS fell a damaged tree that compromised the safety of the site.
Tasks Remaining for Phase 2:
The following work remains to be done as part of phase 2 of the installation:
- Install the permanent antenna, feed-line and Polyphaser at its full height.
- Complete trenching and grounding conductoring between the inner and outer ground rod geometry and guy wire anchors.
- Trim ground well covers, rework temporary bonding conductors from equipment grounding busses to service entrance ground
- Test and mitigate automated shut-down functionality to safely halt and power down the controller during a power failure event with UPS batteries depleted.
Photos from the workday: